What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture, simply stated, is a health science which is used to successfully treat both pain and dysfunction of the body. Acupuncture originated in China over 2,500 years ago and is now practiced throughout Asia, Europe, and America.
Acupuncture itself involves the insertion of fine, pre-sterilized disposable needles into very precise points on the body which stimulates and activates the body's self-healing mechanisms. In other words, acupuncture encourages the body to heal naturally and to improve its functioning.
How does Acupuncture work?
Classical Chinese theory states that energy or Qi runs through the body and along its surface in regular patterns called channels or meridians. These channels nourish and regulate the entire body. When energy flows freely in these channels, health is maintained. When energy is blocked or depleted, pain or illness results. Needling acupuncture points can release blocked energy and regulate areas of deficiency. According to modern science, research suggests that acupuncture stimulates the nervous system to release certain chemicals in the brain, spinal cord and muscles. These chemicals either change the perception of pain or stimulate the release of other chemicals and hormones which affect the body's internal system. These effects produced by acupuncture enhance and activate the body's ability to heal itself, promoting physical and mental health.
Are there any side effects of Acupuncture?
One of the great advantages of acupuncture is that it has virtually no negative side effects. Most patients feel very relaxed during and after an acupuncture treatment.
What conditions does Acupuncture treat?
The World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes acupuncture ability to treat more than 43 common disorders including:
- Gastrointestinal disorders, such as food allergies, peptic ulcer, chronic diarrhea, constipation indigestion, gastrointestinal weakness, anorexia, and gastritis
- Urongenital disorders, including stress incontinence, urinary tract infections, and sexual dysfunction
- Gynecological disorders, such as irregular, heavy, or painful menstruation, infertility in women and men, and premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Respiratory disorders, such as emphysema, sinusitis, asthma, allergies, and bronchitis
- Disorders of the bones, muscles, joints, and nervous system, such as arthritis, migraine headaches, neuralgia, insomnia, dizziness, and low back, neck and, shoulder pain
- Circulatory disorders, such as hypertension, angina pectoris, arteriosclerosis, and anemia
- Emotional and psychological disorders, including depression and anxiety
- Addictions, such as alcohol, nicotine, and drugs
- Eye, ear, nose, and throat disorders
- Supportive therapy for other chronic and painful debilitating disorders
Change your life today; call 816-436-4369 for an appointment.
Tell A Friend
Chiropractic treats the cause of disease, medicine treats the symptoms. You make the choice. Carella Chiropractic located in Kansas City North since 1979.